SUPPLIES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOLLMAKERS
Dollmakers Supplier List
On the Dollmakers Listserv, an AOL e-mail list, there are many subscribers who have items of interest to all dollmakers. The following are just a few of the familiar names who share their knowledge on the art of dollmaking.
For information concerning products, please contact the individuals.
Further information about the Dollmakers List (how to join, etc.) can be found at the pages "Dollmakers Discussion List" developed by Studio Nellie Everink. You can subscribe at that site and modify your subscription with the special forms.
- John Adams-Graf
John Adams-Graf, Bookseller
P.O. Box 471
Iola, WI 54945
phone: (715) 445-2839, 6PM-10PM CST
- Books: Rare and Hard-To-Find doll books. List available upon request.
- Tom Banwell
Tom Banwell Designs
P.O. Box 361
Penn Valley, Calif. 95946
phone: (916) 432-1464
fax: (916) 432-5302
- Mold Services: Rubber Moldmaking, Lumicast Resin casting of doll parts
- Video's: The Art of Resin Dollmaking
- Seminars: Two day seminars on making dolls of Lumicast Resin
- Pamphlet with list of resin and rubber moldmaking suppliers
- Antonette Cely
Cely Communications, Inc
3592 Cherokee Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30340-2749
- Books: Creating Your Own Fabric, Cloth Dollmaking
- Patterns: Elizabeth R and Young Bess
- Misc: One-of-a-kind fabric dolls for sale
- Jekyll Island Doll Seminar 1999
- Look for Information at Noni's Site!
- Ducie Mitchell-Chase
2018 NW 170th Street
Newberry, Fl. 32669
- Book: Doll Reproduction Techniques for Polymer and Paper Clays, this how-to book teaches via easy instructions and B/W pictures how to make latex molds and silicone molds for poly and paper clays; how to cast in resin, how to make a fume hood to reduce exposure to toxic fumes, and how to reduce your copy size.
- Jodi & Richard Creager
- Video: How to Sculpt a Character Doll Head
- Classes: Sculpting, Painting, Wigmaking and Metal armature construction.
- Linn Downs
Te Corporation/Close Knit Press
P.O. Box 1500
Campton, NH 03223
phone: (603) 726-4700
fax: (603) 726-8818
- Patterns: Crochet, Machine and Hand knitting patterns for 15" to 20" dolls, bunnies and bears.
- Make and accessorize complete wardrobes by season & occasion.
- Nellie Everink
Studio Nellie Everink
P.O. Box 30
7550 AA Hengelo
Doll Art by Nellie Everink
- Dolls: realistic and joyful characterdolls. Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to see Nellie's latest characters.
- Courses: Make your own characterdolls - a four day beginners course. You will make an entire doll (except clothing). Course usually given in the Summer.
- Books: Dolls with Character - how to make your own beautiful Fimo characterdolls. Patterns for Characterdolls - over 23 patterns for clothing characterdolls.
- Web design service: for dollshops and doll artists, contact Studio Nellie Everink.
- June Goodnow
2324 Ashley Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
phone (405) 755-2047
- Video's: Silicone moldmaking and resin casting, learn from one of June's classes in progress in this 1 hour 40 minute video.
- Seminars: 3 day Sculpting, 3 day Silicone mold making & Resin casting.
- Bobbie Keefer
phone (303) 428-2127
- Clothing & Accessories: a variety of brands and styles.
- Dealer/Distributor for: Vee's Victorians.
- Sue Kneir
The World of Mohair
1007 Bower Road
W. Harrison, In. 47060
- Mohair: Curly locks, Wefted
- Wigs: custom made & skin wigs
- Cheryl Leone
C.L. Leone Design, Inc.
760 Myrtle Avenue
Thorofare, New Jersey 08086
Phone: (609) 848-9544
Fax: (609) 845-5388
- Patterns: Cloth doll
- Seminars and Classes: Patternmaking for developing a cloth doll body, patternmaking for doll clothing.
- Cloth fashion and traditional cloth dolls for sale.
- Sue McFadden
239 Outer Drive
State College, Pa. 16801
fax: (814) 466-3099
- Material: Felt - imported from UK, 30% wool-70% viscose, colors available: pale peach, golden beige, sable brown, taupe, & white. Send a LSASE for brochure and samples.
- Patterns: felt dollmaking.
- Julie Mueller
7909 West 70th Street
Bridgeview, Il. 60455
phone: (708) 458-2705
- Clothing & Accessories: custom made dresses.
- Books: 101 Bodice Designs: Ideas and Patterns for Women, Children, Babies and Dolls. 50+ pages offering 101 design ideas and instructions for dresses including: cutwork, quilting, heirloom, smocking, embroidery and serging to name just a few. Also included is a scaling chart so you can make the patterns different sizes, and a selection of patterns that will fit an 18 - 19" doll. These patterns fit porcelain dolls such as Emily and Jenny as well as play dolls such as the American Girl doll.
- Pattern conversion chart for 7" - 42" dolls (originally seen in Dollcrafter Aug. 96) Helps convert patterns of any kind from one size to another.
- Limited supply of Jaguar sewing machines and sergers available.
- Small amount of greenware for China and Parian dolls
- Dressed and undressed 18" Porcelain Cats for sale
- Bill Nelson
Bill Nelson Illustration Inc.
107 E. Cary Street
Richmond, Va. 23219
phone/fax: (804) 783-2602
- Books: Dollmaking, One Artist's Approach by Bob McKinley. The most comprehensive step-by-step dollmaking book. Fully explained steps, in addition to over 250 photographs, create a polymer clay doll from beginning to end. Included are a color section on painting faces and hands and Bob's technique for sculpting hands.
- Videos: Robert McKinley's Dollmaking Workshop. A 4 video tape set creating a doll in paperclay from start to finish.
- Classes: Sculpting character heads, painting, finishing, sculpting hands. Contact Jan Wilensky for more information.
- Dolls may be viewed on line at http://www.manngallery.org
- Jill Nemirow-Nelson
13 Ward Street
Clifton, NJ 07011
- Classes: sculpting small (under 12") Dolls of your Dreams in polymer clay, earth clay plasticine & more.
- Seminars: creating fantasy figures in Super Sculpy and mold making in my studio.
- Barbara & Terry Ogden
Home of the Oggie Dolls
1925 Nipmuck Path
Hanover, MD. 21076
phone (410) 551-6356
fax (410) 519-6477
- Dolls: Oggie Dolls - a Swiss, molded face cloth doll popular in Europe and Sculpted Oggie Dolls - original dolls made of cernit and sculpy clay.
- Misc: Grommets for sculpted, cured doll shoes.
- Gloria Sale, DBA
Grandma Gloria's; bodies for your Dolls
2801 Quitman Street
Denver, Co. 80212
phone/fax: (303) 477-0053
- Bodies: Cloth bodies for most modern dolls, stuffed and ready to attach to porcelain parts. Send LSASE with $ 0.52 postage for 13 page listing of bodies available.
- Patricia Schmidt
Misty Harbor Doll Works
PO Box 3336
Roanoke, Va 24015
phone:(540) 342-3460 or (540) 342-7936
- Classes: Porcelain Dollmaking
- Clothing & Accessories: Doll dresses
- Soft-fired Greenware available
- Lee Menconi-Steiger
Wings & Things
1519 Bayo Vista Avenue, Dept. T
San Pablo, Calif. 94806
- Misc: Hand-crafted wings and unusual doll parts.
- Patterns: Doll and doll related goodies.
- Maura B. Szymecki
MBSZY@aol.com or TOMMAU@JUNO.com
- Dealer/Distributor: Bell doll supplies (not slip).
- Misc: Small amount of Soft-fired greenware available.
- Bonnie Tatro
The Doll Boutique
6338 Igo Road
King George, Va 22485
phone: (540) 775-DOLL (3655)
- Dealer/Distributor for: Kemper, Bell, Bell slip, Monique, G. Schoepfer eyes.
- Megan Lloyd-Thompson
- Cotswold wool fleece: Beautiful, lustrous locks for doll hair and Santa beards. Available in lengths of 7" -12". Presently stocking silver/grey color. White, black, and grey available spring '98.
- Timberpond Press
1133 West Broad Street
Williamstown, Pa. 17098
phone: (717) 647-7463
fax: (717) 647-2480
- Patterns: Cloth dollmaking, Historically accurate costumes
- Books: a variety of books available in the following subjects: Dollmaking, Costuming, Paper Dolls
- Aileen Underwood
Aspen Dawn Heirlooms
6351 Akers Rd #4
Bakersfield, Ca 93313
phone/fax (805) 837-4837
- Clothing & Accessories: Antique, Vintage and Reproduction clothes and Christening gowns for baby and dolly.
- Walter and Dona Vaughn
Conroe, TX 77304-2516
Phone: (409) 756-1942
- Modeling Tools: Unique handcarved wood and/or metal-tipped tools for modeling, sculpting, detailing and finishing original dolls in polymer clays or soft traditional clays (but not greenware). Metal spatula tips from 1 mm. to 2 mm. in width
- Books and Videos: Over one hundred and forty books and videos on polymer clay and cloth doll making, costuming, plus miniatures and dollhouses.
- Mail order catalog for doll artists of tools, books and videos available upon request. If you are interested in modeling dollhouse-size figures and smaller, request the tool catalog for miniaturists.
- Marlaine Verhelst
Burg. Suysstraat 61
NL 5037 MC Tilburg
- Classes/Seminars/Workshops: Held in Europe and the USA, Doll Holidays/Vacations in Europe.
- Classes in: one-of-a-kind self hardening clay, Porcelain dolls (without molds), Marionettes and animals of woodpowder.
- Books: about making dolls and making animals & reviews of dollmaking in Europe.
- Misc: Postcards.
- Chris Wherry
7423 Bacon Rd.
Petersburg, Mi 49270
Phone: (734) 279-1122 or toll-free (888) 279-1122
- Dolly Daydreams is a quaint little country shop conveniently located off expressway in Michigan just north of Toledo, Ohio. Unique individually lighted and filtered workstations for students. Most products are available in shop, special orders welcome. Will ship soft-fired, blanks and painted kits.
- Clothing: Large selection of individually designed finished clothing for dolls from 8" to 36".
- Classes: Porcelain dollmaking classes held on Wednesday and Thursday AM & PM, Sat PM classes.
- Distributor for: Seeley, Kemper, Virginia LaVorgna, Yesterday's Children patterns, Brown House Doll patterns, Childhood Fantasies patterns, Doll Emporium patterns, Maimie patterns, Vicki's Originals patterns, Lavender & Lace patterns, Fancy Frocks patterns, and Truebite.
- Dealer for: Monique, Master Eye Beveler, Mini-World, LaSioux, Doll Artworks
- Items also available from Global, Tallina's, Playhouse, Jayne Houston & more.
- Greenware: Over 500 dolls available- Please send $2.00 for list which includes wig and eye size for dolls listed.
- Seeley Doll Studio - all products available.
- Mimi Winer
Mimi's Books & Patterns
PO Box 662
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742
phone: (908) 899-6687
fax: (908) 714-9306
- Books: Let's Talk about Dollmaking Magazine, Mimi's New Clays for Dollmaking and Mimi's Sourcebook for Dollmakers and Crafters.
- Patterns: A variety of patterns for cloth Dolls.
- Classes/Seminars/Workshops in: Cloth Doll Techniques, Polymer & Cellulose Clay dollmaking.
Back to Interesting Links pages
Please note: this list is merely a compilation to assist hobbiest, crafters and dollmakers in finding sources and should no way imply a reference by the Gallery.